Our investment process is augmented through the use of external research. We find third party commissioned research helpful to challenge our thinking and extend our understanding of the subject matter our projects cover.
A vital part of our investment process is trying to understand better in which areas the companies, industries and sectors we invest will face headwinds or challenges.
We often find our key questions on these matters, crucial to our evaluation of investment opportunities and risks, are not adequately addressed by ‘off the peg’ research so we choose to commission and pay for one-off, standalone articles of research.
This has allowed us to select and establish relationships with a wide range of partners with different experiences, perspectives and insights.
If you’d like to find out more on our research tender process, please contact the team at email@example.com.
Research tenders commissioned since 2016
The list below highlights all the research tenders we’ve commissioned since 2016.
- Assessment of gender outcomes in IT-related services
- Benchmarking different company approaches to removing lead and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from paints
- Equality: affordable internet access
- Equality: bank charges and bottom of the pyramid
- Multinational corporations and their subsidiaries
- Nutrient pollution and ecosystem capacity considerations for consumer companies
- Brasilian corporate governance improvements
- Benefit Corporations
- Financial Inclusion
- Flaws of GDP accounting and alternative approaches in Asia
- IT firms in India – sustainable employment practices
- Labour practices at Asian manufacturers and assemblersLabour practices at Asian manufacturers and assemblers
- Latin American banks’ insurance and fund management businesses
- Retail supply chains
- South Africa – historic instances of poor corporate governance and potential future risks
- Water scarcity as a business risk in GEM
- Asian company political donations and lobbying
- Conservative audit firms in Asia
- Diversity in Corporate Asia
- Emerging Markets healthy food and drinks leaders
- ESG credit assessment of Asian banks
- Fossil fuel dependent capital equipment
- Packaging leaders among emerging markets consumer companies
- Sales practices of Asian pharmaceuticals industry
- Social and environmental best and worst practice amongst leading mining companies
- Tax choices of Asian companies
- US remuneration practices
- US value destruction