The Global Emerging Markets Leaders Sustainability strategy launched in April 2020, and is now available to clients in the UK. It invests in 25-60 high-quality emerging markets companies that we consider to be particularly well positioned to contribute to, and benefit from, sustainable development.
Leaders simply means that the strategy is focused on companies with a market cap value of at least USD 1 billion.
Strategy highlights: a focus on quality and sustainability
- We invest in high-quality companies with exceptional cultures, strong franchises and resilient financials
- Our investable universe includes emerging markets companies globally and is based on economic activity rather than index country listings
- Companies must contribute to sustainable development and make a net-positive impact to a more sustainable future
- We avoid companies linked to harmful activities and engage and vote for positive change
- Our approach is long-term, bottom-up, high conviction and benchmark agnostic
- We focus on capital preservation as well as capital growth – we define risk as the permanent loss of client capital