The Global Emerging Markets Sustainability All-Cap strategy launched in February 2009. Due to capacity constraints of the All-Cap strategy and strong demand and desire to offer clients an emerging markets solution, we launched the Global Emerging Markets Leaders Sustainability strategy in April 2020. This strategy is now available to Australian clients. It invests in 25-60 high-quality emerging markets companies that we consider to be particularly well positioned to benefit from and contribute to sustainable development.
Leaders simply means that the strategy is focused on companies with a market cap value of at least USD1 billion.
Strategy highlights: a focus on quality and sustainability
- Companies must contribute to sustainable development and make a net-positive impact to a more sustainable future
- We invest in high-quality companies with exceptional cultures, strong franchises and resilient financials
- Our investable universe includes emerging markets companies globally and is based on economic activity rather than index country listings
- We avoid companies linked to harmful activities and engage and vote for positive change
- Our approach is long-term, bottom-up, high conviction and benchmark agnostic
- We focus on capital preservation as well as capital growth – we define risk as the permanent loss of client capital