We’re a dedicated and ambitious group of long-term investors with a shared set of values and a passion for investing in companies that are well positioned to meet the challenges of sustainable development.
We come from a wide variety of backgrounds and have a broad range of career and educational experience, from economics and civil engineering to international relations and languages.
We’re based in Edinburgh, London, Sydney and Singapore so we have easy access to companies around the world, but thanks to the wonder of technology we are nevertheless a tight-knit group.
We all work as analysts, with a broad remit. None of us are sector or country specialists and we don’t have allocated watch lists of companies. Rather, each of us generates investment ideas according to our own interests and participates in all aspects of the investment process, including research, analysis, engagement, monitoring and voting decisions.
That’s deliberate. We believe that, for our style of long-term, bottom-up investing, it is the art of questioning from diverse perspectives that is most likely to uncover the underappreciated risks and opportunities facing companies.
We also recognise that managers of companies will always understand their businesses better than we can, so we focus a significant amount of time building confidence that they have the integrity, competence and humility to do the job well. We need to be able to trust management teams with our clients’ capital.
We operate within a flat structure and our team culture is one of openness, transparency and collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients.
Everyone is free to challenge the views of anyone else – and indeed is encouraged to do so – from day one. We believe this keeps ideas fresh and prevents institutionalised assumptions from taking hold.
We understand that nobody is perfect and act accordingly. We’re ever ready to learn from each other and from our mistakes, and to incorporate that learning into our investing.
Our team locations
- Anya is an Analyst with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. She joined the team in January 2021.
- Previously, Anya gained internship experience with the Sustainable Funds Group and has also gained further professional experience working for law firms in Singapore and London.
- Anya holds a BA in Philosophy from Wellesley College and a Graduate Diploma in Law from City University of London.
- Chris is an Analyst with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. He joined the team in September 2013.
- Previously, Chris worked for a London-based investment bank where he was a research sales specialist in Asian equities. Before that he worked as an analyst at Baillie Gifford and Edinburgh Fund Managers.
- Chris has an MSc in Finance and a First Class Honours degree from the University of Edinburgh.
- David is Head of the Sustainable Funds Group and a Portfolio Manager. He sits on the Stewart Investors Board. David joined the team as a graduate in 1997.
- He is lead manager of the Asia Pacific Sustainability strategies, as well as the Pacific Assets Investment Trust.
- David holds an MA with honours in Economics from Cambridge University, and holds a Master of Science in Investment Analysis from Stirling University.
- Douglas is a Portfolio Manager with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. He joined the team in October 2013, having been an intern with Stewart Investors during 2013.
- Douglas is lead manager of the Asia Pacific and Japan Sustainability strategy.
- He holds an MA in Business Studies and Accountancy from the University of Edinburgh.
- Hanna is an Analyst with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. She joined the team in November 2020 after graduation from university.
- Previously, Hanna gained internship experience with the Sustainable Funds Group in Singapore, Edinburgh, London and Sydney.
- Hanna holds an MCom with Excellence in Global Sustainability and Social Enterprise from the University of New South Wales and a BCom in Finance from McGill University.
- Jack is a Portfolio Manager with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. He joined the team in September 2011 as a graduate.
- Jack is lead manager of the Global Emerging Markets Sustainability strategies.
- He holds a MA (Oxon) in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Queen’s College, Oxford.
- Lorna is a Portfolio Manager with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. She joined the team in July 2017.
- Lorna is Co-Portfolio Manager of the European Sustainability strategy with Rob Harley.
- Previously, Lorna worked in various roles at Colonial First State Global Asset Management (now First Sentier Investors), and prior to that, worked as a management consultant.
- Lorna holds a Masters in Sustainability Leadership from the University of Cambridge and a BA (Hons) in Business and Psychology from the University of Strathclyde.
- Mohan is an Analyst with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. He joined the team in December 2016.
- Previously, Mohan worked in various brokerage firms, including Jefferies and CLSA.
- He holds an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management in Bangalore, as well as a Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology in Mumbai.
- Nick is a Portfolio Manager with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. Nick joined the team in April 2012, following two years in the First State Investments group which is now known as First Sentier Investors.
- He is lead manager of the Worldwide Sustainability strategy.
- Previously, Nick worked as an analyst with the Sustainability funds at AMP Capital Investors, and has experience as a consultant, public servant, and academic in sustainability and economics.
- He holds a Bachelor of Economics from Macquarie University, and a Master of Science with Distinction in Ecological Economics from the University of Edinburgh.
- Oliver is an Analyst with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. He joined the team in May 2014.
- Previously, he was an analyst at CLSA for seven years and prior to that worked as a global emerging markets journalist.
- Oliver holds a BA (Hons) in Chinese and Management Studies from the University of Durham, a Diploma in Chinese language from Renmin University of China and an MSc in Finance (Economic Policy) from the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London.
- Pablo is a senior investment specialist at Stewart Investors, a dedicated sustainable development focused listed equities manager.
- He is also the co-founder and managing director of Altiorem, a not-for-profit library and resource centre dedicated to supporting advocates for a sustainable financial system, and a member of the advisory committee to UNSW’s Human Rights Institute.
- Previously, Pablo was Head of Responsible Investment Asia Pacific at Colonial First State Global Asset Management (now First Sentier Investors) and Perpetual Limited.
- Pablo served as a director of the Responsible Investment Association of Australasia for ten years and was chair for six.
- Pablo has also served on the management committee of the Investor Group on Climate Change and the coordinating working group of the Australian Sustainable Finance Initiative, among other industry initiatives.
- Rob is a Portfolio Manager with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. He joined the team in October 2015.
- Rob is Co-Portfolio Manager of the European Sustainability strategy with Lorna Logan.
- Previously, Rob worked in various investment management roles for ten years and in the not-for-profit sustainable development sector for eight years.
- Rob holds an MSc in International Strategy & Economics from the University of St Andrews and a BA (Hons) in Political Science from the University of Natal, South Africa.
- Sashi is a Portfolio Manager with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. He joined the team in August 2007.
- Sashi is lead manager of the Worldwide Leaders Sustainability strategy and the Indian Subcontinent Sustainability strategy.
- Previously, he worked at Irevna Research, an Indian equities research house from 2005 to 2007.
- Sashi has an engineering degree from the National Institute of Technology, Trichy and an MBA from the Schulich School of Business, York University in Toronto.
- Sujaya is a Portfolio Manager with the Sustainable Funds Group at Stewart Investors. She joined the team in October 2016 as a graduate.
- Sujaya is Co-Portfolio Manager of the Global Emerging Markets All-Cap Sustainability strategy with Jack Nelson.
- Sujaya holds an MPhil in Development Studies from the University of Cambridge and a BA (Hons) in International Relations and Anthropology from Brown University.